Posted by admin on August 25, 2015
Sample financial issues that we will provide ongoing consultation for include:
- Should you refinance?
- Does paying down some or all of the principal on your mortgage make sense?
- Retirement savings
- How much should you contribute to your 401(k) or 403(b) plan?
- Should you choose a traditional IRA or a Roth IRA, or some combination of the two?
- Should you convert your traditional IRA to a Roth IRA conversion? If so, how much should you convert?
- Should you borrow from your 401(k) plan?
- College saving
- How much should you save each year?
- Should you use a 529 plan?
- Which 529 plan(s) should you select?
- How should you coordinate savings among grandparents, parents and children?
Our ongoing consultation also assists you in dealing with Financial Professionals, like
- Mortgage Brokers
- We work with you to consider whether refinancing makes sense and to compare different financing alternatives.
- Estate planning attorneys
- We help you think through your estate planning objectives and discuss them with your attorney to ensure your estate plan will meet them.
- We also help you considering the real-life implications of different estate planning strategies.
- Insurance brokers
- We help you think through how much coverage you really need, and evaluate “riders” (special policy features) in light of your financial plan.
- Insurance salespeople
- We help you distinguish value from hype and fit what’s proposed into your overall plan.
- Tax accountants
- We coordinate your realization of capital gains and support your tax planning.